Friday, February 20, 2009

MORE AND MORE UPDATES TO COME!!!

Valentine's Day was SUPERB. I see no point trying to get a babysitter that day. It's impossible. So we just enjoy it as a family, celebrating our love for each other. I decided to have the kids plan the special day (huge props to my friend AMBER)!!!! They had a great time knowing it was up to them. They decided they wanted Chinese food for Dinner, since I never buy it or make it. Our kids had been asking us to take them bowling for WEEKS. So our family date was bowling in the afternoon and then we surprised them with going to a local natural outdoor hot springs. Man it was beautiful. It's was in the middle of the country at dusk with deer running all around. We had a great time relaxing and hanging out with our neighbors. The kids were a little grouchy the night before Valentine's so they had to go to bed early without helping us decorate. I was actually kinda glad afterward because they were so excited when they woke up and saw all the decorations. I am sorta a decoration FREAK!!! It was a fantastic VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

Oh one more thing. I was able to sleep in and HALLI made the most amazing pancakes all own her own. She cute up strawberries and blueberries and add them into the batter before she cooked them. She ROCKED it... They were delicious.

I can't believe I almost forgot. I KICKED CASEY'S BUTT AT BOWLING...... By 7 great points. 147 to 140. We always have a huge rivalry going when it comes to bowling.

Grandma and Grandpa were so thoughtful. We invited them to come hang out with us. They ended up being great helpers with LIVY. She wanted to run all over the bowling alley. THANKS GUYS!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Tonya that looks and sounds like so much fun! I love it!

~Our Family~ said...

Tanya, It looks like you had a blast for Valentines day and thats the way it should be.. YOu had a better day than I did.. My husband was mad at me oops.. Oh well.. Don't you just love the hot springs in the mountains? We have one up here too. Its called maple grove springs.. It is awesome... Love the pictures

Farris said...

Hey Tanya. I was born in Blackfoot, Idaho and was adopted by my parents when I was 2 days old. I think it's cool that you guys adopted and are great supporters of it. We moved to AZ when I was 5 or so.