The great thing about where we live is we can do things on a whim, which is what we do most of the time and it's great. For the past week we have tried taking the kids to some of the streams right down the road to go fishing. It never worked though, the streams are so full of water and are flowing way to fast. So yesterday we decided to go out to the Oakley resevior and fish. We first had to load up the car with all the essentials, make a stop by Walmart, get gas, buy ice and worms and them we were on our way. As we were driving out there we could see this storm starting to appear. Casey and the kids were really worried about it and I kept telling them it would blow over and it was no big deal. By the time we finally get out there and we just to unload and get our coals started for dinner we could see this white wall coming right at us. The kids are wondering what it was and we yelled get in the car, Casey and I started grabbing everyone and quickly loaded everything back into the car. Sure enough the storm hit us and it hit hard! There's was thunder and lightening and some serious hail. We ended waiting the storm at in our car for 40 mins. It was a real slow mover. We were finally able to start our coals for our hamburgers(we were all starving by this time) and the kids were learning how to cast a fishing pole with dads help. The fish we never interested but the kids loved seeing how far they could cast the fishing pole. Despite our little rain out we had a great time.
Oh my word Ton, that picture with your kids in the field with the 2 rainbows behind?? Holy cow, BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could take pictures where you live, instead of here! I'm so jealous!
Casey(dad), Tanya(mom), Halli(11), Camry(9), Elijah(8), Livy(3), and Zyan(2). Our family is so happy to be adopting our son Deangelo(13)and hope to have him home real soon.
1 comment:
Oh my word Ton, that picture with your kids in the field with the 2 rainbows behind?? Holy cow, BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could take pictures where you live, instead of here! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment