Monday, November 26, 2007

Jude seeing his forever family!

Thank you to the McDonald family for taking this video for us. They just sent this over this morning, so it was the first time I had seen it. When they went to Haiti they were kind enough to deliver Jude a photo album we made him. We wanted him to see his new forever family!

Watching this video says a lot! We were very blessed to have choosen Jude from a picture before he was actually brought into the orphanage. This video was taken the first week he got there. How overwhelming for this little boy to be moved away from his family, into an orphanage with more than 100 children and then told he now has a new mom and dad. WOW! That's one heck of a week.

It was great to see my son, but I really feel for him. I feel for his confusion and emotional loss of his family. How heartrenching! My emotions while watching this video were for two different reasons. One out of sadness for Jude and the other our of complete happiness seeing Keke at the end telling ME her MOM hi and that she LOVES ME. Oh that was fantastic to hear and see! Thank you, thank you, thank you Heath and Heather!

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow! That sad look on his face made me cry! I bet you'd jump on the next plane and wrap him up in a hug!!! What beautiful smile at the end. I wonder how much these little ones even understand.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Kathy that's exactly what I was wondering. How it must be so hard for them to wrap their little minds around what's going on with them. Your definitely right about wanting to wrap my arms around him, I wish I could take all his pains away, emotional, and physical.

Heather said...

Jude is such a handsome boy! He has a smile that melts you! He really came more alive when we took him to the hotel for swimming.

Renee said...

Oh how special. He seems to have the same sensitive heart as Kiki. I can't wait to see them all in your home. Love you!!
Renee

Mary Ann said...

Jude is so cute and you are blessing his life forever... and I'm sure he will bless yours too!

junglemama said...

How awesome to adopting three at once! It will be so hectic (in a good way) but so worth it.

:)

The Hermyzoo! said...

Christine
Yeah I try to imagine what it's going to be like. When people find out what we are doing I just tell them I am planning for HAPPY CHAOS! Happy to have my kids home, but definetly CHAOS!!! I can't wait.