What is a New Year's resolution?
It is a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit. This lifestyle change is generally interpreted as advantageous. A New Years Resolution is generally a goal someone sets out to accomplish in the coming year. Some examples include resolutions to donate to the poor more often, to become more assertive, or to become more environmentally responsible.
New Years resolution can also be a promise that you make to yourself to start doing something good or stop doing something bad on the first day of the year.
Okay so after finding and reading these definitions, this fits perfectly with what my desires are. I am actually excited and energized to start this New Year's with a resolution of sorts. A few weeks ago I found the greatest NEED to DeJUNK my life, to take all of the garbage out that's keeping me from being the HappIest and BEST ME, Wife, Mother and daughter of God, that I can be. I got bogged down with wanting to start this close to a month ago when life was real busy. I decided to put it off for the New Year. Now I am more than ready to make it happen.
MY DeJunking is going to start out as a 30-day plan and then at the 30-days I will re-evluate for another 30, 60, or 90 days. That way it doesn't seem overwhelming and will be very doable.
The DeJunking of Garbage will encompass two areas of my life; emotional and physcial
EMOTIONAL
NO MORE T.V(fancast) Exception is Friday Family Movie Night~I would like to replace this Garbage with reading my parenting books, health books, scriptures, playing games with Casey, read and prepare my lesson for Sunday school, organize my house(little undone projects), update blog, pamper myself(nails, hairs facials)!
LIMIT INTERNET-I would like to keep to a schedule for FB(only checking in the morning and night).
PHYSICAL
NO MORE LATE NIGHTS-Replacing the garbage with a bedtime no later than 10 p.m and getting up at 6 a.m.
NO MORE SODA POP
EAT LESS SUGAR and JUNK FOOD-replace with going to the gym, making and eating healthier meals and snacks. ESPECIALLY BREAKFAST. Have as many pre-made meals and snacks as possible.
I also found the perfect scripture to keep me focused.
D&C 88:124
Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that you may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
Home MTC
2 years ago
1 comment:
Those are some GREAT resolutions Tanya. You can do it, I know it!!! :-)
Post a Comment