"Hey mom what's the answer to this?" "Oh Honey, I don't know." "Come on mom you know!"
Our kids are so sweet to put there trust in us and think we always have the answer. Sometimes we really do have the answer, sometimes WE THINK we have the answer, and other times some of us even FAKE the answer.
On the other hand. When you have expectations of your kids, do you ever get this? "But mom I am just a kid. I am still learning these things." I am always so quick to remind my children that as a MOM and DAD we are just learning the joys of being a parent as they are learning the joys of childhood. That us parents don't always know everything and it is possible for little ole' mom and dad to make mistakes. I have explained that we were never given a handbook on parenting when we brought them home from the hospital.
Well our daughter Halli learned this reality yesterday. She came home from school and said in a real strong voice and with a very serious face, "daddy, you corrected my homework the other day and I still got 11 problems wrong"! Well I guess not all of us were born mathematicians. LOVE YA BABE! I guess we know who the kids will be coming to for math now! THANKS ALOT....
Home MTC
2 years ago
5 comments:
OH my gosh! LOL! That totally makes me laugh :o) I can barely help Felicity with her math now and she's in second grade! I'm scared for when she starts into the hard stuff that I don't remember anymore. Too funny though!
I asked Callie's teacher jokingly if they offer refresher coarses for parents, and THEY DO! I am totally gonna sign up. I lost it all (whatever I had).
Tanya, I love the new family pic. It is so gorgeous. And yeah, my kids thing I am just joking, but really...I am clueless with you.
Oh, man! I'm so scared for those days. I'll just enjoy that Emma LIKES to pretend that she has homework from preschool every day now. Writing her name I can handle, math- probably not so much.
Casey... ha ha.. oh, heck I am right with you there.. I don't know what I am going to do when Addysen get in school!@!! Hire a tutor for the both of us....! SMiles.
Post a Comment